lundi 26 décembre 2011

A Weekend At Home?

I needed a break from traveling and I got just what the doctor ordered this past weekend. I started with a (long) happy hour on Friday but that was about as social as I got the whole weekend, choosing to spend nearly the entire thing flying solo. I got up on Saturday and watched a couple of movies while the rain finished itself off, then got in a great run, hit my favorite area for some shopping and just being out and about a bit, then whipped up a big batch of honey-BBQ wings while sampling beer, watching sports and flicks and just chilling on the couch. That's a great Saturday in my book.

Sunday saw more of the same as I started it with a big bike ride down by the river to get my blood flowing, followed by a great lunch at my favorite restaurant, then an afternoon of napping, reading, watching sports and washing the car before firing up the grill for some awesome brats and ending it all with a cold brew in the hot tub. That's how you retreat for a weekend my friends. The only one I talked to for almost the entire weekend was my dog. I finished a book and got well started another, so you know I was relaxed.

Now it's time to launch the boat, dust off the tent and get prepared for the Summer. The Travs are home all week this week too, so there'll be baseball a plenty.