jeudi 29 décembre 2011

Post Christmas Spending

I'm still trying to get out to the theater to see Avatar, but have tried twice only to find it sold out both times. I could see it on a regular screen or even just 3D but the problem is that I've been wanting to catch it on an IMAX screen and it's just too hot still and I don't like to buy tickets in advance. Oh well, maybe this week it will cool off.

I'm also really wanting to check out Sherlock Holmes and The Blind Side before I make my end of year lists, so wish me luck for this week and weekend. The problem with seeing all of these films is that I got a new sweet 47" high-def at the house and it's all I can do to pull myself away from the blu-rays right now. I've only got a dozen or so, but it just looks so darn good I'm watching stuff over and over. I've got some UFC blu-rays, The Hangover, District 9, Coraline, Up, Traitor and Igor plus a Metallica live DVD, "Francais Por Une Nuit" (French For One Night) so I'm glued to those.

So if you care... expect my 2009 Top 10s over the weekend or early next week.

As for today's new releases, it's not a bad crop of DVDs considering everybody is spent from Christmas. Nothing interesting to me in the CD or video game list (which is good, because I'm playing Christmas gifts Guitar Hero: Metallica and Assassin's Creed at the moment).

* Paranormal Activity DVD (see blog here)

* 9 DVD (animated post-apocalyptic fun)

* Jennifer's Body DVD (sexy thriller with Megan Fox)

* The Marine 2 DVD (action flick with the WWE's Ted DiBiase Jr)