mercredi 28 décembre 2011

Strikeforce: Miami on Showtime Saturday

Strikeforce has another card this weekend on Showtime and it's pretty intriguing I think.

* Nick Diaz vs. Marius Zaromskis (for vacant welterweight title)
* Champ Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos vs. Marloes Coenen (for women's featherweight title)
* Robbie Lawler vs. Melvin Manhoef
* Bobby Lashley vs. Wes Sims
* Greg Nagy vs. Herschel Walker

They seem to be taking some flack for signing Hershel Walker from some of the MMA internet loudmouths, but I have to say I'm interested in seeing him in the cage. He's got tons of martial arts experience and is a world class athlete. Sure, he's 47-years-old but have you seen the guy? He's in great shape and as a fellow old man I hope he kicks some butt. I've always thought he was a class act. Also wrestling superstar Bobby Lashley is fighting, a woman's title fight and the always entertaining Nick Diaz. Count me in.

I want Strikeforce to do well. I'd love to see a serious competitor to the UFC and think it would help the sport all around. They've got some great fighters in their camp and their shows production values have been improving. They could actually close the gap between #1 and #2, unthinkable a year ago.

Strikeforce: Miami
Jan 30th on Showtime