jeudi 29 décembre 2011

Edge of Rome

Yucky weather here in the south, so it's a good thing I treated my weekdays more like a weekend because I may be stuck in the house all weekend, that is if I can get home from work today. I hit some hoops and caught the always awesome Paul Thorn in concert already this week as well as a nice dinner at one of my favorite spots for my Sis' birthday. Add in some beer tasting, working out and a couple of movies and I sort of need to relax a bit. Well, since I don't have a choice I guess. I'd rather be out doing something but I won't argue.

I might make it to the theater as I skipped last weekend. I still want to see Legion but at least 1 of the 2 new films out interest me as well. Here they are...

When in Rome

The Plot: Beth (Kristen Bell) is a young, ambitious New Yorker who is completely unlucky in love. However, when she impulsively steals some coins from a reputed fountain of love during a whirlwind trip to Rome, she finds herself aggressively pursued by a band of suitors.
My Thoughts: Nothing in that synopsis makes me even want to consider seeing this. Well, I do like Rome I guess. And Kristen Bell is cute. That's it. Everything else makes me want to slam my head in a door.

Edge of Darkness

The Plot: As homicide detective Thomas Craven (Mel Gibson) investigates the death of his activist daughter, he uncovers not only her secret life, but a corporate cover-up and government collusion that attracts an agent tasked with cleaning up the evidence.
My Thoughts: Mel Gibson looks like he's returning to more of his Mad Max/Lethal Weapon/Ransom type role, and that's a good thing. Leave the Jew-bashing, sugar-tit-calling, cross-hanging Mel at home I say. Bring on the violent revenge! The trailer looks pretty fun, albeit a little derivative possibly.