dimanche 25 décembre 2011

Another Cool Rock Doc

From the same people who did the awesome Iron Maiden: Flight 666 documentary last year now comes Rush: Beyond the Lighted Stage. Looks like it's going to be at a few festivals, like Tribeca, and then on to a very small theatrical release, but it's television debut will be on June 26 on VH1 and VH1 Classic. I'll be holding out for the Blu-ray release myself.

I've always liked Rush, but was never a huge fan. Back in the 80s I bought Moving Pictures, Signals and Grace Under Pressure and considered myself a casual follower. Through the years I sort of lost touch with them but every time I hear Tom Sawyer or Fly By Night or Spirit of the Radio come up on my iPod I crank it. This trailer alone makes me want to break out their music and reacquaint myself with them, so I know the film itself is going get me on a Rush kick. Check it out for yourself: