lundi 26 décembre 2011

Mama, There Goes That Man Again

Yes, another brew festival has popped up near me, so obviously I'm there. This time though I'm only doing it because the money is going to a good cause, St. Jude Childrens Research Hospital. I mean what better way for me to do my part? Any guilt from drinking too much will instantly be canceled out by the good feeling from... ah who am I kidding. If the money was going to a puppy farm I'd still be going probably. Thankfully, it does happen to be a really good cause.

Sadly, we just don't have many good beer festivals around here. We do have Little Rocktoberfest every fall, but it's really just a bunch of beer we can already get and a few brewers. We also have Foamfest which is sort of the same. I wish we could have a big brew festival with a bunch of beers from breweries we don't normally get, but I also want female mud wrestling to be an Olympic sport so what do I know.

This festival is new, and will be in Memphis on March 13th at Handy Park on Beale Street. It's called the River City Brewers’ Festival and will have two sessions: one from noon to 4 p.m. and one from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m., followed by an after-party at the Rum Boogie Cafe just across the street. The festival is $30 and the after party will be free to beer fest attendees.

Local breweries Ghost River Brewing and Bosco’s will be participating and also big name breweries like Sierra Nevada, New Belgium, Samuel Adams, Leinenkugels, Yazoo, Lazy Magnolia, Schlafly, Abita and Victory. Sounds awesome. And let me not forget the usual souvenir mug.

This should hold me over until the Memphis Brewfest in April at Autozone Park.