vendredi 21 octobre 2011

Let's Talk LuLu



I've now heard the Lou Reed/Metallica collaboration "LuLu" in it's entirety, and you can too if you follow this link: LouTallica LuLu

Go check it out and then come back and we'll talk. Go ahead.

Back? OK, we now I feel like I can have a much more informed opinion. And here it is.

The music is awesome. Cool background vocals.

The lead vocals and lyrics or whatever the hell you call that spoken word stuff... just sucks monkey ass.

Hey I'm sure Lou Reed has a lot of fans in this world and he's a legend and all that and I personally love "Walk on the Wild Side", it's just more of a novelty as enjoyment to me. I don't want to hear any more of it, it's just not my thing.

If this would come out in an instrumental version I'd buy it.

I'm sad Metallica used this much time on this project instead of working on a new Metallica CD. I'm sad that if they wanted to do a collaboration they didn't do one with Dave Mustaine or Ripper Owens or hell Keith Urban if they wanted to be taking a risk like this. Or maybe a CD with all lead vocals on every track by somebody different, with Lou Reed doing one song. Then it could be a novelty again.

But in summary... I love Metallica, and this eats nut sacks. I won't be buying it. It sounds like exactly what it is I guess... a monster metal band rocking their asses off while some old man talks. Which in any situation would make me want to yell at the old man to shut up. As here. "Shut up dammit! Metallica is playing!" Oh, too late.