vendredi 17 septembre 2010

Alpha, Omega and the Devil

I'm still not back in my regular theater going groove, but it's still hot here so that means I'm trying to use weekends for the boat on the lake. I hope to hit the water again this Saturday, then Sunday is of course FOOTBALL. So who knows, maybe I'll catch up soon when it cools off. There are a couple in theaters now I want to see, The Expendables and Resident Evil, and a couple of more that look decent join them this weekend. Read on:

Alpha and Omega

The Plot: After being relocated to Idaho by park rangers, a female and a male wolf face a dangerous trip across unfamiliar territory in their attempt to find their way home to Canada.
My Thoughts: The trailer looks OK, but Lionsgate doesn't normally do animated movies but I guess they wanted in on the cash dump a good one can deliever. I'm skeptical, but it looks like it might be an OK family flick.



Easy A

The Plot: As she studies The Scarlet Letter, high schooler Olive Penderghast (Stone) notices her parallels to the novel and begins to work the school's rumor mill to advance her social and financial standing.
My Thoughts: This is a high-school comedy, and since the advent of cell phones I refuse to go see this genre at the theater. So pass. It looks sort of cute too, so hello illegal downloads!

The Town

The Plot: Career thief Doug MacRay (Ben Affleck) considers deepening his relationship with Claire (Hall), a bank teller who was traumatized by a recent heist -- and who has no idea that Doug was behind the crime. Meanwhile, an investigator (Hamm), who is close to unmasking Doug's secret life, wrestles with his feelings for Claire.
My Thoughts: Ben Affleck in some sort of Boston drama? Say it ain't so! Looks a bit mushy. Might be worth a watch on DVD someday.

Devil

The Plot: A group of people trapped in a elevator realize that the devil is among them.
My Thoughts: M. Night Shyamalan's rep has really taken a hit with a bunch of crap and he wrote and producted this. But... the trailer looks like it might have potential. Of course, I've said that about all of his films I think. You got me again M. Night, well played. You better deliver one of these times dammit.