jeudi 16 septembre 2010

25 Years

Ah 1985... the 49ers beat the Dolphins in the Super Bowl, Pete Rose broke Ty Cobb's all-time hits record, my St Louis Cardinals were cheated out of a World Series win and the Lakers beat the Celtics for the NBA title. In the music world Tears For Fears were shouting, Foreigner wanted to know what love was and Madonna was getting into the groove. A little channel called VH1 launched and Elmo was introduced on Sesame Street. What was I doing? Well, I was beginning my hair metal obsession and trying to look cool in my Camaro.

Here's proof that I didn't achieve the latter:



Flash forward 25 years, remove some hair on top, add some on the chin, pack on some pounds, change vehicles and here's what's left:



Fun stuff! Then I was listening to Metallica and Ozzy, playing video games and going to concerts. Now I listen to Metallica and Ozzy, play better video games and go to concerts (with better seats). See how much things change?

Also of note, in 1985 actress Courteney Cox used the word "period" (in the physical sense) on U.S. television for the first time, in a commercial for Tampax brand tampons. Yes, some things change a lot.