mercredi 25 août 2010

Summer of Rage?

I love Shooter Jennings, but I'm just not sure just how I feel about his latest concept CD, Black Ribbons, which came out back in March. I gave it plenty of time and a few of the songs grew on me but overall I just never got into it. It's odd to say the least as it's got a very psychedelic rock feel to it.

Now don't get me wrong, I love when an artist branches out from their normal sound and does something you might not expect usually. I guess this was just not what I expected from Shooter, who I've dug since his first CD and seen several times live and he always brings it. Maybe I'll get the whole CD back out and give it a fews spins since I ran across this video that I hadn't seen.
So see for youself I guess as here's Shooter Jennings & Hierophant's video for Summer of Rage: