vendredi 13 août 2010

Scott Pilgrim Vs Stallone & Friends

Yesterday I posted a bit about a book I discovered called "The Day Metallica Came To Church" by John Van Sloten, so last night I checked out the sample from right here and I must say... I am interested enough that I'm going to order this book and check it all out. I get what the guy is doing and I must say it's quite smart. You know I'm not a churcher, but if I lived where this God pimp spewed his thoughts I'd go by and check him out. See how that works? But I'm finishing Joe Hill's new book and just purchased Stephen King's freakin' MASSIVE novel "Under the Dome" which is like King's version War and Peace or something... 1,300 pages I think? So then I'll give Mr. Van Sloten's book a read. I think I've read every other Metallica book anyway. You want to order the book for yourself and beat me to my review? Be my guest... get it right here. We'll have a study group! Bring chips and dip.

I'm pretty swamped lately and my weekend is totally booked with ballgames and the lake and visitors and such, but I've got to work in some time to get out and see the new Stallone movie, The Expendables. It just looks awesomely awesome. Here's the ole weekend box office rundown if you feel like reading it:

The Expendables

Director: Sylvester Stallone
Stars: Sylvester Stallone, Jason Statham, Jet Li, Randy Couture, Steve Austin, Dolph Lundgren

Synopsis: The fearless Barney Ross (Stallone) leads a team of mercenaries on a mission to South America, where their objective -- to overthrow a ruthless dictator -- is more dangerous than the men realize.
My Thoughts: Seriously? This is only going to be like the greatest, loudest, punchiest movie of all time! Why is there even a plot? How about 2 hours of these guys just beating people up? Or just beating things up? Like cars and giant squids. I'm so there to see this. Only Stallone is tough enough to name his main character Barney.



Scott Pilgrim vs The World

Director: Edgar Wright
Stars: Michael Cera, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kieran Culkin

Synopsis: Layabout musician Scott Pilgrim (Cera) falls for the new girl in town, Ramona Flowers (Winstead), but in order to win her heart, he must defeat her seven evil ex-lovers.
My Thoughts: Is this movie super-hyped or what? I must say I'm not familar at all with the source material but fanboys are wetting themselves to see it and the trailers look great.

Eat Pray Love

Director: Ryan Murphy
Stars: Julia Roberts, Javier Bardem, Viola Davis

Synopsis: While trying to get pregnant, a happily married woman (Roberts) realizes her life needs to go in a different direction, and after a painful divorce, she takes off on a round-the-world journey.
My Thoughts: This should be called this Pay Watch Puke. Looks painful alright... the movie not the divorce.