mercredi 25 août 2010

Movie Review: Lake Placid 3

Synopsis: Despite claims that they're gone, killer crocodiles and their offspring terrorize residents of a small community yet again.

My mama taught me that if I don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. Fortunately for you, once the Internet was invented by Al Gore I totally threw away that bit of advice so I will say that overall this movie is an absolute steaming pile of croc dung.

The good? 1 thing. Or 1 person actually, Kacey Barnfield. I had no idea who she was so I looked her up then proceeded to Google for every single photo I could find of her. It helped pass time while watching this movie. Go ahead and go to her website and I'll wait here for you. Really. Go!

OK, you're back. Well once you get past her this movie has nothing but terrible (and I do mean terrible) special effects (mostly just bad CGI), horrible acting, stupid dialogue (one lady yells "they can smell you through the glass!") and just an overall ridiculous script. Nobody behaves like any normal person would and really a good part of the goings-on just don't make any sense. I realize they're all only in the film to supply croc food but I'd like at least 1 iota of depth to their characters. No such luck. And I say croc food but for some reason they seem to prefer dragging people around by their foot or something over eating them and often just leave the bodies laying around for others to find after they bloody them up a bit. I guess they're not hungry, but just killing for the hell of it. I'll give them this though, they're very sneaky. They may be part Indian crocs because 2 people might just be standing in the woods talking and suddenly a 2 ton, 25 foot croc is gulping 1 down. Possibly some sort of invisible power?

What else? Well, the crocs sizes doesn't stay consistent at all. Sometimes one is big enough to drag a car into the lake (seriously) and the next minute it's inside a house getting through tiny hallways. Yes, there are more than 1 but from one shot to the next they may change size. Also the CGI effects when they're in the water are just pitiful. But the very worst thing that bothers me about this movie is that in most of the action scenes they sort of shake the camera and try to make it feel all "hand-held" and up close and it doesn't work for me, it just comes off as really annoying. Possibly because all the shakey motion covers for some bad special effects. Beats me. But it sucks.

This would be a 1 out of 10 but for Kacey's bikini scenes.

2/10