jeudi 26 août 2010

Halloween Hootenanny 2010

I start thinking about the whole Halloween month pretty early since I'm such a big fan of horror, and this year it's been made really easy for me with announcements galore for the month of October on DVD and in the theaters. Check out this current list of horror movies coming to theaters in October now:

Oct 1st: Let Me In, Hatchet II, Case 39
Oct 8th: My Soul To Take (3D)
Oct 22nd: Paranormal Activity 2
Oct 29th: Saw 3D, Monsters

There's also a bloody bevy of horror films releasing on DVD for the month, including the remake of A Nightmare on Elm Street, a sweet and packed The Exorcist Blu-ray, Splice and Predators. So it's a great month already. And now, for me, there's this right here in Little Rock:

Yep, 3 horror-themed bands that I dig all in 1 night and I've got tickets in the 2nd row off the floor. The floor is general admission and I'm too old to stand for that long and still enjoy myself nor do I mosh... so seats are good. I've seen Rob Zombie 3 times and he's always great but this will be my first time for Alice Cooper and the Murderdolls both. Joey Jordison he will be performing guitar duties for the Murderdolls and will be drumming for Rob Zombie, so that's cool. Furthermore, one of my favorite guitarists in the world, John 5, is playing with Rob Zombie on this tour. He's been the guitarist for Marilyn Manson and was on the excellent "Holy Wood (In the Shadow of the Valley of Death)" CD. And if that's not enough, 2 other guys who I'm a fan of, Keri Kelli and Damon Johnson, are playing with Alice Cooper's band on this tour as far as I know. This is going to be a helluva fun show. And a great month.