mardi 12 octobre 2010

Run Cracker, Run

I've committed myself to run in my first marathon. Plenty of 5K and 10Ks... but never the big 26.2. Yes, I'm stupid, but hey it's pretty fun so far. We're only up to max 8 mile runs once a week but it's starting to get a bit more challenging. Physically so far I'm good to go, but I'm having to learn more about nutrition, rest and pacing for a run much longer than I'm used to. The part I'm really worried about is when it gets colder. I hate running in the cold, but the race is in March so I have no choice but to hit it all Winter. Well, I have a choice I guess.

What else? I'm watching plenty of horror for the month, as you would expect, and have a nice little Rob Zombie festival planned for the rest of the week with a concert video of his, all his music videos, Halloween, Halloween II, House of 1,000 Corpses and The Devil's Rejects. All of this leads up to seeing the man in concert in person next Thursday (with Alice Cooper and Murderdolls). I'm passing on re-watching The Haunted World of El Superbeasto because well, frankly I thought it sucked. Once is enough. To make up for that though, I'm going to watch 2004's Toolbox Murders, which star's Rob wife, Sherri Moon Zombie. Oh yeah baby, Halloween is near.

So far, I've watched the atrocious Alone In The Dark, Frozen, Eden Log, The Baby's Room, The Fourth Kind and A Nightmare on Elm Street (remake) to get in the spirit of the season this month. Many more to come. I'll watch more horror films than a normal human can endure!

So on to the new stuff in stores today! Check it out:

* All That Remains ~ "For We Are Many" CD

* Darius Rucker ~ "Charleston, SC 1966" CD

* Trapt ~ "No Apologies" CD

* Jonah Hex DVD (action/thriller with Megan Fox)

* Lost Boys: The Thirst DVD (yes, a 3rd Lost Boys horror film with Corey Feldman)

* CSI: Miami Season 8 DVD (David Caruso will remove his sunglasses I predict)

* Oxford Murders DVD (Elijah Wood crime thriler)