samedi 4 décembre 2010

Super Saturday of Fights

Not 1 but 2 MMA shows on at the same time tonight! First, all day long you can catch the latest season of The Ultimate Fighter 12 on Spike TV as they're showing every episode, followed by the finals live. And on Showtime tonight, Strikeforce has a solid card from St. Louis. I've seen people talk about which show they'll watch, which makes me sort of wonder what year they're living in. I'll have the DVR running on both shows and be switching back and forth while cranking back some holiday beer, then probably watching both again during the week next week.

Here's my favorite fights:

1. Paul Daley vs. Scott Smith (Strikeforce) - Do you like fisticuffs?

2. Dan Henderson vs. Renato "Babalu" Sobral (Strikeforce) - Hendo is one of my favorite fighters and this is an interesting match-up. I want to see him bounce back and smash Babalu.

3. Jonathan Brookins vs. Michael Johnson ("TUF 12" championship) - I really like this Brookins kid and am curious to see how this goes. I think he submits MJ.

4. Kendall Grove vs. Demian Maia (UFC)

5. Robbie Lawler vs. Matt Lindland (Strikeforce) - An old school match-up.

6. Stephan Bonnar vs. Igor Pokrajac (UFC) - Bonnar is always fun.

Other fights:

Mike Kyle vs. Antonio Silva (Strikeforce)
Benji Radach vs. Ovince St. Preux (Strikeforce)
Rick Story vs. Johny Hendricks (UFC)
Leonard Garcia vs. Nam Phan (UFC)

And some videos for ya: