mercredi 22 décembre 2010

Ho! Ho! Hoey!

There are so many Christmas CDs out now it's really hard to keep up. I could list about 10 of my favorites I guess (perhaps I shall) but instead I'll just throw one MUST HAVE Christmas CD at you, especially if you love great guitar. Shred god Gary Hoey released 3 instrumental Christmas CDs in the 90s called Ho Ho Hoey, Ho Ho Hoey Vol 2 and of course Ho Ho Hoey Vol 3. All rocked, but I skipped a few tracks on each. In 2001 he took the "best of" off of those and presto, we have the aptly named The Best of Ho! Ho! Hoey. It will melt candy canes and smash gingerbread houses.

Here's the Amazon.com description:

Comprised entirely of holiday standards, this album shows Hoey can definitely play those Eddie Van Halen-style riffs, but he also explores surf, country, jazz, proto-metal, folk, pop and old-school rock & roll. "God Rest" opens with an acoustic classical motif before bursting into a thunderous metal riff worthy of Black Sabbath.

So Santa's got a brand new bag, and it rocks. Buy it for the guitar lover in your life.

Gary Hoey in studio jamming Carol of the Bells... 101 WRIF Detroit Drew & Mike: