jeudi 23 décembre 2010

Plenty of Creatures Will Be Stirring


I do admit to loving the traditional Christmas music classics from Johnny Mathis to Burl Ives to Bing Crosby, but you hear them everywhere this time of the the year and I sort of get sick of all of it by the big day. So my IPod is jam packed with more current rock lately for the holidays. Some of these are just modern spins on classics, but many are originals and some are not so much in the spirit of happy holidays as they are getting through the holidays I guess. If you played some of these over the loud speakers at stores I think some of the customers might even get a little upset.

So I'm going to drop my thoughtfully named...

Top 25 Rockin' Christmas Songs That Go Well With Shots of Eggnog, Jack Daniels Gift Sets or Holiday Beer... But Only If They're Played Loud

25. Christmas Is Here - Buckcherry

24. Won't Be Home For Christmas - Every Mother's Nightmare... this one makes me think of just sitting around the fireplace sipping on a nice hot toddy

23. White Trash Christmas - Lynam

22. Get Into The Spirit - Rob Halford

21. I Am Santa Claus - Bob Rivers... take Black Sabbath's Iron Man and make it Christmasy? You betcha

20. Yellin' At The Christmas Tree - Billy Idol... "Dad had too much Jack"

19. Home For Christmas - Cavo

18. Better Days - The Goo Goo Dolls

17. Naughty, Naughty Christmas - Danger Danger

16. The 12 Days of Christmas - Straight No Chaser

15. Sexy Santa - Steel Panther... an R-rated Xmas tune

14. Spankin' - Screaming Santas... "I've been bad all year cause I want a spankin' for Christmas"

13. Carol of the Bells - Gary Hoey

12. Jingle Hells Bells - Bob Rivers

11. X-M@S - Corey Taylor... a new anti-Christmas song really, with a chorus of "if I ain't drunk, then it ain't Christmas"

10. Drunk on Christmas - Jimmy Fallon w/John Rich... another new song with the glorious chorus of "gonna get drunk, drunk, drunk on Christmas"

9. Christmas With You - Rick Springfield

8. Christmas Eve/Sarajevo 12/24 - Trans Siberian Orchestra

7. Last Christmas - Jimmy Eat World

6. Christmas is The Time To Say I Love You - Billy Squier... yes, he pranced around in the 80s like a fairy on something, but this song is just so damn catchy

5. Must Be Santa - Screaming Santas

4. Shake Up Christmas - Train... the Coke Christmas anthem

3. Little Drummer Boy - The Almost... and excellent modern twist on the classic, though I have no idea why you'd want to give a newborn a drum

2. Santa Claus Is Back In Town - Ingram Hill... such a funky version of this

1. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen - Ronnie James Dio and Tony Iommi... no I didn't just pick this because Ronnie passed away this year, I picked it because I love it. Tony's guitar tone puts sort of a gloomy twist on things and Ronnie kills the vocals.