mardi 9 novembre 2010

Sweet Kimmel-o-line

Neil Diamond was on Jimmy Kimmel Live last night and played "Ain't No Sunshine" and "I'm a Believer" so you know I gotta bring that stuff here, and I did as the videos are below. The dude is almost 70 years old and still playing and I'm all for it. If I could play and sing you'd have to pry the guitar from my cold, dead hands before I'd stop.

He's actually got a new CD out called Dreams, which is cover songs which he said influenced him. The album includes "Let It Be Me," popularized by the Everly Brothers in 1960, The Beatles' "Blackbird" and "Yesterday," Leon Russell's underrated classic "A Song for You," Gilbert O'Sullivan's "Alone Again (Naturally)," Bill Withers "Ain't No Sunshine," "Don't Forget Me," from the late Harry Nilsson, and the Randy Newman compositions, "Feels Like Home" and the poignant "Losing You," the Eagles "Desperado", Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah" and Neil's own "I'm a Believer" (a massive hit for The Monkees).