vendredi 19 novembre 2010

More Season's Beatings!

A few weeks ago I mentioned that I liked a bit more "offbeat" holiday movies and gave a preview for an upcoming film called Rare Exports. I figured that would hold me over for another Christmas season since very few films of this type come out. So imagine my surprise to find another really cool looking horror film coming out this year. It's called Sint (Official Site) and it's a Dutch film that's breaking records at their box office already. No word on if/when it's coming here but I'll be watching for it to at least make a DVD appearance by next year.

Now I don't know much about Dutch holiday folklore and traditions, but I've read that their dude Sinterklaas is comparable to the English Santa Claus. This film seems to turn him around as a murderous ghost who kidnaps and murders children when there is a full moon that falls on December 5th. The Sinterklaas feast celebrates the name day, Dec 6th, of Saint Nicholas (280–342), patron saint of children and sailors.

Sounds like a cross between Santa's Slay and A Nightmare on Elm Street.



Sint - English Subtitled Trailer
Uploaded by dreadcentral