samedi 1 janvier 2011

Movie Review: Inception

Synopsis: In a world where technology exists to enter the human mind through dream invasion, a highly skilled thief (Leonardo DiCaprio) is given a final chance at redemption which involves executing his toughest job to date: Inception, not to steal an idea but to plant one.

One of the biggest compliments you can give a movie this complex is that it's also very simplistic. As layered as the plot is it is also very easily followed, and I think that's a tribute to the writers. But I feel like on multiple watches it we be rewarding because of all the attention to detail that isn't as apparent on the surface. This is just great science fiction on both the fun scale and the intellectual level.

And it's not just sci-fi, it's also a large part action movie, part thriller and part love story as well.

And one of the best things I can say about a 2 1/2 hour movie is that not once did I wonder how much was left nor I was I ready for it to end when it did. The pacing and editing keep it moving along to where it never drags.

The cast is exceptional, with Leo, Joseph Gordin-Levitt, Cillian Murphy and Ellen Page all playing their role perfectly. The real star though? The special effects. Visually this film is mind-blowing in a lot of scenes. The style is very creative and trippy. All the people who bitch and moan about CGI ruining movies and such... please just shut up now.

Smart, original, innovative, exciting, fun... yes to all of the above. I feel like within a few years this will probably end up my favorite movie of all-time. I just think it's that great.

10/10