jeudi 22 juillet 2010

The Return of The Rock?

Yes I realize that Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson has been making plenty of movies but I'm not so sure I consider Tooth Fairy, Race to Witch Mountain and Get Smart the type of roles I'd like to see him in. In all fairness I never even saw the first 2 films I mentioned there, but again that's sort of the point. He's still probably good in those roles, I mean the camera loves the guy and I think he's got good comedic timing and charisma, it's just that I want to see The Rock again. I want to see somebody get punched out, a few things blown up and in summary... I want to smell what he's cookin.

So the new trailer for the film "Faster" is out, and I think I'm getting my wish. See for yourself:


Gone are the sissy tights, in their place is a bad ass muscle car and a gun. Steve Carell out, Billy Bob Thornton in. Here's the synopsis:

A stint in prison usually has one of two effects on a man -- it either breaks him down or makes him stronger. For Driver (Dwayne Johnson), a 10-year sentence proved the latter. His strength was not just fueled by time, but also by a hunger to avenge the murder of his brother during the botched bank robbery that led to his own imprisonment. Untouchable on the 'inside,' he made plenty of enemies in prison - men who were counting the days until his release so they could exact their own revenge on the outside. Now, on the day of his release, he is hell-bent on reaping vengeance upon the four men responsible for his brother's murder. With a list of names and addresses in hand, he sprints out of the prison gates and is immediately on his mission.

Faster is out November 24th. I'll be in line. Welcome back Rock.