mardi 6 juillet 2010

Misc Tuesday Stuff

First tip, if you haven't seen the CMT Crossroads episode with Keith Urban and John Mayer trading licks please do so immediately. Awesome... just awesome. I wish they would release the whole thing on DVD.

Here's a link to the full show.

And here's an intro:



Speaking of awesome, UFC 116 on Saturday night was the best UFC card I think I've seen, or at least my favorite. Brock's comeback from the very jaws of defeat was just spectacular but it also featured Gerald Harris' fantastic knockout slam, a great submission from Chris "Lights Out" Lytle and absolute wars between Stephan "American Psycho" Bonnar/Krzysztof Soszynski and Chris "Catsmasher" Leben/Yoshihiro Akiyama. I usually only buy full UFC shows on DVD of the shows I attend in person, but I'll be getting the Blu-Ray of this one and reliving it over and over.

And on to the new stuff! Nobody really want to release much this soon after a holiday weekend so the list is short, but here's what hits today and catches my eye:

* Ed Kowalczyk ~ "Alive" CD (lead singer of Live, his first solo album... guest include Chris Daughtry... see blog here)

* Bret Michaels ~ "Custom Built" CD (includes a cover of Sublime's "What I Got"... guest include Miley Cyrus)

So what else was up this weekend? Well I went home for the annual big 4th of July picnic and saw the family and lots of old friends, so that was cool. I watched some baseball, went to the lake once, fired up the grill often and drank a few great cold beers (O'Fallon Wheach, Founders Red's Rye PA, Founders Centennial IPA, Oskar Blues Dale's Pale Ale and Boulevard Boss Tom's Golden Bock).I realized that when I got up to come to work this morning, it was the first time I actually put on shoes and socks in 4 days. Awesome.