mercredi 21 juillet 2010

Finally, A Robot With Real-World Uses

This is a video from the folks at Willow Garage, a company that aims "to lay the groundwork for the use of personal robotics applications in everyday life". Meet PR2:



Do I need one of these beer-fetching robots? Well, no. But I do want one. Sure it's only about 20 feet from my couch to the fridge but hey I might as well get my beer delivered in style and I usually have my laptop going anyway in the living room so a few clicks and I'm all set. Seems a bit slow, but I'd just order my beer a few swigs before the end of the last one. Problem solved.

As if that isn't enough awesomeness, they've also "taught" the PR2 to play pool.



I'd make my beer fetching, pool shooting 'bot sound like Rosie from The Jetsons I think. And maybe even wear the apron too.