mercredi 15 juin 2011

Trav's Game Pics

Somehow I completely hosed my digital camera over the weekend. Well, I say somehow but I have a feeling it was the soaking it got thanks to a lake visit. Oopsie. Ah I was sort of looking for a new one anyways as mine had started to get a bit outdated, which actually they start doing about as soon as you open the box. It was "only" 8 megapixels, which is just unacceptable it seems now. So my new one is twice as good and I tried it out at Dickey-Stephens Park earlier this week during a game between the Travelers and Springfield Cardinals (hooray!).

This year our Travs are pretty loaded with talent really. There's 3B Luis Jimenez (.285 - 7 HR - 45 RBI), SS Darwin Perez (.296 - 1 HR - 27 RBI) and everybody's all-world Mike Trout (.330 - 8 HR - 22 RBI - 23 SB). Hell just come out and watch future MLB superstar Trout if for no other reason, as the kid delivers more often than a herd of mailmen. I've really enjoyed watching him lead-off every night and hope we get to keep him all season... but I wouldn't count on it, despite the fact that he doesn't even turn 20 until August.

For the visitors, former Arkansas Razorback Zack Cox has been in town playing 3b for the visiting Springfield club. He tore it up at A-ball (Palm Beach) hitting .335 in 42 games but has found the jump to AA a bit more difficult as he's only hitting .236 right now. He did have a recent 6-game hitting streak so hopefully he's showing some signs of getting it going. Plenty of time as this is his first full year in the minors.

Anyway... here's just a few pics from the evening at America's nicest minor league ballpark, starting with Zack Cox (#7) at the plate. Click 'em to blow 'em up: