jeudi 2 juin 2011

Til Summer Comes Around

Somebody said I don't write enough original stuff. Hey maybe I just don't have much to say, you ever think of that? Or more likely maybe I just haven't had too much time to put into any posts lately. Well, you'll be super excited to know that all is well, just busy. All work and no play make me a dull boy. Dull sucks (and may make someone like Jack Torrence try to kill his whole family, but if I was married to Shelly Duvall that would be an immediate option, frankly), so free time is spent doing. A huge finish to Spring that included trips to New Orleans, Las Vegas and my hometown... plus concerts, Riverfest and lots of other fun activities has kept me from being a dull boy. Now it's time for the hot weather fun.

I've already made a couple of trips to the (20-feet above normal level) lake to get my party boat, Sweet Amber, cleaned up and launched. Upon my first arrival of the year, I found that it suffered a bit of damage during the Spring storms. Nothing some very large safety pins, cleaning solution and a few trips to my boat store can't fix though. Normally cleaning isn't fun, but something about sitting out on the lake in the hot sun with some tunes playing and a cold beer in hand makes the cleaning actually tolerable. Hell, sitting on the lake drinking beer would make pretty much anything tolerable. They should have divorce hearings that way. Or funerals. Sadly, I've already lost an anchor on the first trip of the year. *sigh* Usually I can go months between anchor purchases. An omen perhaps? The great Summer of Lost Anchors? My wallet hopes not.

I did crack open nice cans of Tallgrass Oasis, Those Guys Beer and Big Sky Montana Trout Slayer Ale so we're off to a tasty start on the water. My Winter/Spring of seeking out good canned brews now gets to pay off, with a full fridge as proof. Maybe I can even work some milk back in there after a few lake trips. I'll be back out there this weekend and am hoping the water level is lower (it is... about a foot every 5 days) and that the water isn't nearly as chilly (can't be... water temp was 68 degrees). The weather has been just right. Hopefully my chalky white skin won't stand out as badly after this weekend of boating and a nice pool party planned on Sunday. It might just go from chalky to bright red though. Fetch me my bald-spot cover cap!

What else? Well as usual for the Summer (which I realize hasn't even "officially" started yet... shaddup) there are good shows out the wang coming to Little Rock. I've got no less than 3 solid line-ups to check out between now and my blowout birthday weekend (just 2 weeks away). I'll be seeing Rwake, Kylesa, The Sword, Crossfade, Pop Evil, Egypt Central, Madam Adam, Abused Romance and Candlelight Red. Whew! Quite a few bands I really dig on that list. My iPod mix with all of them is HUGE.

So yeah.... Summer. You want a piece of me? Let's do it.

Bonus! My Top 10 Summer Songs!

* Lonely Island - I'm On A Boat
* Kid Rock - All Summer Long
* Van Halen - Summer Nights
* Y & T -Summertime Girls
* Kenny Chesney - Summertime
* Sheryl Crow - Soak Up The Sun
* Mungo Jerry - In The Summertime
* Bananarama - Cruel Summer
* Keith Urban - Long Hot Summer
* Lovin' Spoonful - Summer In The City