mercredi 1 juin 2011

It's a Pandemic

I know, I just keep swinging from the sack of Accept but dammit I want you to go buy the new CD Blood of the Nations or I will not rest! It's one of my favorite CDs in a decade or so. I pretty much love every track. I was never a big Accept mark either, having only a half-dozen or so of their songs on my iPod before this album.

It's received more than 30 "Album of the Year" awards, VH1's "That Metal Show" voted it the Best Album of the Year, gotten a nomination for the 2011 Golden God Awards, and two nomina­tions for the Metal Hammer Awards. So here's another video, this one for the killer track "Pandemic". Prepare to have your face smashed!


Within a month the release of Blood of the Nations, guitarist Wolf Hoffmann told Metal Asylum that Accept were planning to make another album. He explained, "We are already thinking about and writing for the next record. We've all missed doing Accept and we realized we missed doing this. Of course we are not 20 years old anymore and not ready to do just anything to be successful, we're not that desperate. [laughs] We are looking to do what makes sense and that's fun." According to bassist Peter Baltes, Accept will work with Andy Sneap again to produce the new album, which he hopes will be completed by early 2012