vendredi 1 avril 2011

1986... Unleash The Olsen Twins!

Yesterday I posted about albums celebrating their 25th anniversary this year and how awesome of a year it was. Of course last night that got me to thinking about how it wasn't just music, but I loved everything about those great years in the 80s. No really! I loved the style, the attitude, the music, the movies... I just have so many great memories. And since music and movies are 2 of my favorite things, I didn't want to not do justice to the great year of film in 1986. It's only fair.

If you want to feel old, know that it was a year that featured film debuts by Bill Pullman, Kevin Spacey, Winona Ryder and Christian Bale. Greats James Cagney and Cary Grant passed away while Leighton Meester, Amanda Bynes, Shia LaBeouf, Megan Fox, Mary-Kate/Ashley Olsen and Lindsay Lohan were born. Yes, I said born. Tom Cruise wasn't crazy yet, Eddie Murphy was still funny and Charlie Sheen was keeping Lucas (Corey Haim) from getting beat-up. Ah yes... 1986.

Looking back now, here are the films that have ended up meaning the most to me through the years. I've seen 'em all more than once and some more than a dozen times I'm sure, especially the top 5.

My Top 25 Movies From 1986

25. Youngblood
24. Trick or Treat
23. Short Circuit
22. Ruthless People
21. Maximum Overdrive
20. River's Edge
19. Back To School
18. Critters
17. Crocodile Dundee
16. The Golden Child
15. Heartbreak Ridge
14. The Money Pit
13. Labyrinth
12. The Hitcher
11. The Color of Money
10. Big Trouble in Little China
9. Highlander
8. Lucas
7. Pretty in Pink
6. Platoon
5. Hoosiers
4. Top Gun
3. Aliens
2. Ferris Bueller's Day Off
1. Stand By Me

Sadly, My Little Pony: The Movie didn't make the list nor did Howard the Duck... but they're both in my heart. As is Iron Eagle (never say die!!). Also of note... I can do a Triple Lindy off the high dive. Seriously. And I had a huge crush on Ferris Bueller's girlfriend, Sloane. And I like cherry flavored Pez. And this concludes my 2-part blogging on 1986. Tune in next year for 1987!