mercredi 6 juillet 2011

The Road Trip Part 1

Well, maybe it wasn't a long road trip but damn it sure was a good one. I went home for 4th of July an then we decided to drive across the bottom of Missouri and ended up in Springfield, then get up and drive home this morning. We worked in a whole lot in that short time I must say. I've got some great pics and words that I'll post later but here's some quick stats:

3 - breweries visited (Piney River, Old Yeoman, Springfield Brewing Company (Mueller))
1 - new hat... Piney River
2 - new pint glasses... Piney River
2 - new t-shirts... Piney River and Old Yeoman
11 - new beers sampled

I needed plenty of cans for some upcoming lake trips and I believe I took care of that. Beers collected...

12 pack O'Fallon Wheach (wheat/peach) in cans
12 pack Leinenkugel Summer sampler in cans (Summer Shandi, Honey Weiss, Sunset Wheat, Berry Weiss)
12 pack Blue Moon Summer Honey Wheat in cans
4 pack Boulevard Unfiltered Wheat in cans
4 pack Tallgrass IPA in cans
4 pack Tallgrass Buffalo Sweat in cans

Tin Mill 4 pack sampler (Midnight Whistle Dopplebock, First Street Wheat, Skyscraper Pilsner, Red Caboose Amber)
1 - 22 oz Southern Tier Imperial Iniquity Black IPA
1 - 22 oz Weston Brew Labs No. 1 IPA
1 - 22 oz Weston Brew Labs Prototype Stout
singles... Avery New World Porter, TommyKnocker Hop Strike Black IPA, Buffalo Bill's Alimony Ale, Sierra Nevada Beer Camp #16 (Juniper Black Ale), Sierra Nevada Beer Camp #8 (California Common), Sierra Nevada Beer Camp #37 (Weizenbock), O'Fallon Wild Ass Amber, Stevens Point 2012 Black Ale, Wider Brothers Pitch Black IPA, TommyKnocker Imperial Nut Brown Ale, Great Divide Wild Raspberry Ale, Bell's Consecrator Dopplebock, Lakefront Big Easy Imperial Bock

Whew! That's how it's done my friends. My taste bud's potential happiness makes up for the anger of my checking account right now. I've got a good month or 2 of tasting and rating ahead of me. And it begins....

right now.