lundi 11 juillet 2011

Like Lighters In The Dark In The Middle Of A Rock Show

We've got tickets to see Keith Urban a couple of times this Summer and when I saw who was opening, Jake Owen, I started to check out some of his music. I must say, I like this kid, who won 2009 ACM Top New Male Vocalist.

Especially his new single, which I'm sort of laughing about it being called "country" at all as it reminds me more of sort of the 80's "metal pop" scene and owes more to Def Leppard than George Jones. Catchy track with great lyrics and makes for a nice Summer anthem.

The video has quite a few young bikini hotties even and lots of Summer watersports fun, which you know I'm a big fan of. In fact this tune has been blasted a few times on my boat this Summer already.

So check out this music video by Jake Owen performing "Barefoot Blue Jean Night".




A full moon shinin' bright
Edge of the water; we were feelin' alright
Back down a country road
The girls are always hot, and the beer is ice cold

Cadillac, horns on the hood
My buddy Frankie had his dad hook him up good
Girls smile when we roll by
They hop in the back, and we cruise to the river side

Never gonna grow up
Never gonna slow down
We were shinin' like lighters in the dark
In the middle of a rock show
We were doin' it right
We were comin' alive
Yeah, caught up in a Southern summer, barefoot, blue jean night

(C) 2011 Sony Music Entertainment