mercredi 4 mai 2011

Foreigner Rocks The Ryman

I saw Foreigner a year or so ago in Vegas with Styx and Kansas and thought they actually put on a pretty rockin' show full of classics. Also, I happen to love the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville and have seen a few shows there (Gary Allan, Jack Ingram, Eli Young Band). Foreigner performed there and apparently HDNet filmed the concert and call it "Rockin' at the Ryman". Look for it on Blu-ray and DVD as it came out April 28th. I think it has some interviews and such on it as well. Should be worth the cash.

So here's "Hot Blooded" from the show. Still love these guys...





Yeah, that's still Mick Jones in the band but he's joined new blood including Jeff Pilson (Dokken), Jason Sutter (Smash Mouth) and excellent lead-singer Kelly Hansen (Hurricane).

Oddly enough, when I last saw them at Mandalay Bay, Whitesnake guitar player Doug Aldrich subbed for Mick Jones for the show leaving the band with no original members for this date. But hey it was a great show.

Last bit... these guys were the 2nd rock concert I ever went to. They were playing with the Eagles, Cheap Trick and Sammy Hagar at The Texxas Jamm when I was a wee rocker. I blabbed about it before right here.