vendredi 11 février 2011

Bye Bye Winter?

The bad news is that it's a balmy 12 degrees this morning here. The good news is that the wind chill is also just 12, so that's a plus right? I started the day watching the sun come up as I sipped coffee in the hot tub surrounded by previously mentioned cold air and 6 or so inches of snow, plus loads of big, long icicles hanging off the house. Very nice... but I'm so done with this crap. I hope this is the end of the cold.



I'm not in school anymore, so I don't get snow days. I worked the same schedule this week I always work, plus got stuck in a hotel downtown 1 night even. Oh joy. I did get to go to the Kid Rock/Jamey Johnson concert while down there though, and that was pretty awesome. My 5th time to see Kid and 2nd time to see Jamey (in the last 3 months). Both are excellent and there are very few people who can entertain like Kid Rock. We had a blast. Staying downtown would be fun even except that all the pubs close due to the weather.

And hey, the snow was really pretty at least. Still is. But really... go and die Winter. I hate you. My boat is calling me to save her from the cold lake. Soon my friend.

I'm behind a bit on my theater visits, but hoping to get out and see something this weekend. Still haven't seen Sanctum, and both the animated Gnomeo and Juliet and the period action piece The Eagle (hooray for 2D!)open this weekend, so I've got some flicks stacking up which I want to see. Hell I still haven't seen The Green Hornet even. I figure a lot of people will have cabin fever around here and be ready to get out this weekend, so it should be a busy one.